Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2011

If This Should Be My Last Day

Steven Curtis Chapman is one of my favorite Christian musicians.  His lyrics are always thoughtful and call for reflection.   In "Last Day On Earth", he reminds me of what is important, pulls things into perspective, and offers freedom to live fully in the present today.  Check them out for yourself. 
"I pull over to the side of the road and I watch the cars pass me by;  The headlights and the black limousine tell me someone is saying goodbye
I bow my head and I whisper a prayer for the comfort the broken hearts and as I drive away there's a thought that I cannot escape,
no I cannot escape this thought
… if this should be my last day on this earth, how then shall I live?
… if this should be the last day that I have before I breathe the air of heaven
Let me live in with abandon to the only One that remains after my last day here on earth.

Think on this for a bit...  and be grateful for this day and the opportunity to live it before the One who remains forever.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment